The sample text below can be used in your course or syllabus. It explains that students must use LockDown Browser for their online tests.
Using LockDown Browser for Online Exams
This course requires the use of LockDown Browser for online exams. Watch this short video to get a basic understanding of LockDown Browser and the optional webcam feature (which may be required for some exams).
Then download and install LockDown Browser from this link:
[NOTE TO INSTRUCTOR: INSERT THE STUDENT QUICK START GUIDE FOR YOUR LMS HERE]
To take an online test, start LockDown Browser and navigate to the exam. (You won't be able to access the exam with a standard web browser.) For additional details on using LockDown Browser, review this Student Quick Start Guide (PDF)
[NOTE TO INSTRUCTOR: INSERT YOUR INSTITUTION'S DOWNLOAD URL HERE, IF APPLICABLE]
Finally, when taking an online exam, follow these guidelines:
- Select a location where you are comfortable having a video recording taken of yourself and your workspace environment. This area should also be free of distractions and interruptions.
- Before starting the test, know how much time is available for it, and that you've allotted sufficient time to complete it.
- Turn off all mobile devices, phones, etc. and don't have them within reach.
- Clear your area of all external materials — books, papers, other computers, or devices.
- Remain at your desk or workstation for the duration of the test.
- LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted