The Respondus Test Bank Network® contains thousands of test banks for the leading textbooks in higher education. Instructors who use Respondus 4.0 can easily create online exams from these official publisher test banks.
Best of all, the Test Bank Network is free for instructors who adopt a participating textbook. Use the search button below to locate a textbook and to request access to the accompanying test bank.
Learn More about the Test Bank Network
See how the Respondus Test Bank Network can save you countless hours creating online exams.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Respondus applications work with the Test Bank Network?
Instructors who adopt a participating textbook for their course can use the accompanying test bank, free of charge, with a licensed copy of Respondus 4.0 or Respondus LE.
What is Respondus 4.0 and how does it work with publisher test banks?
Respondus 4.0 is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Blackboard Learn, Brightspace, Canvas, Moodle, and other learning systems. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment, or moved from one LMS to another. Exam questions can also be imported from MS Word (including embedded images).
The Respondus Test Bank Network contains thousands of publisher test banks from leading textbooks in higher education. Publisher test bank content is formatted to integrate seamlessly with the Respondus exam authoring tool, making it the fastest and easiest way to create assessments from test banks and publish them to an online course. The Respondus Test Bank Network is free of charge to Respondus 4.0 users who have adopted a participating textbook.
Watch the video above to see how it works.
I don't have Respondus 4.0. Can I still use test banks from the Respondus Test Bank Network?
The test banks available through the Respondus Test Bank Network are for use with Respondus 4.0 or Respondus LE. You need to have the software installed and activated on your computer. Refer to the question, "How do I obtain the Respondus Software?" for additional information.
How do I obtain the Respondus software?
Over 1,000 institutions have a campus-wide license for Respondus 4.0. Check with your institution's Learning Management System Administrator or Instructional Technology Department to find out if your institution has a license. You can also ask us by emailing [email protected]
If your institution doesn't have a campus-wide license for Respondus 4.0, you may purchase a single-user license. A free print-only version of Respondus (Respondus LE) is also available.
- Respondus 4.0 single-user license: This version allows you to create and publish tests to a course in your LMS. Download a free, 30-day trial, or purchase a license, here.
- Respondus LE: This is a free, limited version of Respondus 4.0. It allows you to download test banks and create assessments that can be printed or saved as Word documents. Download and register Respondus LE here.
Is there a cost to use test banks from the Test Bank Network?
No, there is no additional cost for the test bank, as long as you are an instructor who meets the adoption criteria of the publisher and you have a licensed copy of the Respondus application. Remember, though, that the test banks are the property of the publisher. Use of this material is contingent upon adherence to the publisher's rules of use.
Which publishers participate in the Test Bank Network?
You can see a list of participating publishers on the Publishing Partners page.
How do I obtain publisher test banks in Respondus format?
First, locate the textbook that you have adopted by searching for a test bank here, or from the Test Bank Network Wizard within Respondus 4.0. Once you find the textbook, select "More Information" to submit the request for the test bank. The publisher will send you a File Code and File Password via email within 1-3 days. With this information, you can register the test bank within Respondus 4.0 or Respondus LE.
What should I do if I request a test bank, but I don't hear from the publisher?
If you don't receive a response from the publisher within 5 business days of making your request, email us at [email protected] and we can reach out to the publisher on your behalf. When contacting us, provide us with the name and email used in the request, along with the author, title and edition of your text.
What if the textbook I use isn't available?
If you were unable to locate the textbook you use, please check the following:
- That you spelled the author's last name correctly if searching by author (and that you only included the last name)
- That you reviewed all the results for the search (there may be multiple pages, and many titles with similar names)
If you've confirmed the test bank for your textbook is not available:
- Make sure that the publisher of your textbook is a Partner in the Respondus Test Bank Network.
- If the publisher is listed, contact your Publisher Representative directly and indicate that you'd like the test bank for your textbook made available in Respondus format.
- If the publisher is not currently a partner, contact your Publisher Representative and let them know you would like their test bank content added to the Respondus Test Bank Network.