LockDown Browser® is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within a learning management system. Used at over 2000 higher educational institutions, LockDown Browser is the “gold standard” for securing online exams in classrooms or proctored environments.
How LockDown Browser Works
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Browser menu and toolbar options are removed, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
- Prevents access to other applications including messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machines, and remote desktops
- Printing and screen capture functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment is prevented
- Right-click menu options, function keys, keyboard shortcuts and task switching are disabled
- An assessment cannot be exited until the student submits it for grading
- Assessments that are set up for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers
LockDown Browser Overview Video
Watch a brief introductory video that explains how LockDown Browser works from the student perspective
LockDown Browser by the Numbers...
Respondus Monitor for Non-Proctored Exams
Annual licensing of LockDown Browser includes 200 free seats of Respondus Monitor,
a fully automated online proctoring solution that adds webcam technology to LockDown Browser.
Learn More about Respondus Monitor.
Learn More about LockDown Browser
If we didn't have LockDown Browser, we wouldn't have online testing in the School of Nursing. It's as simple as that.
Anita Kinser Maradiaga
Riverside City College