The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European Union data protection law that became effective on May 25, 2018. Its purpose is to harmonize data protection laws across the European Economic Area, give people in the EEA enhanced rights to their data, and require businesses to meet certain technical and organizational controls around their collection and processing of personal information.
Respondus has aligned itself with this effort, as described below.
Respondus' commitment to privacy and data security
- Details on how we use your personal information — including expanded details for specific products and services we offer — and the choices available to you.
- Information about the responsibilities of businesses that process personal information, such as asking for customers' consent to receive marketing communications.
- Opportunities to request more information about the data we store, including how to modify or delete it.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield frameworks, Respondus, Inc. is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (for issues pertaining to Privacy Shield).
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield Website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Choice: In compliance with Privacy Shield principles, you have the right to opt out of:
- Disclosures of your Personal Data to third parties not identified at the time of collection or subsequently authorized, and
- Uses of your Personal Data for purposes materially different from those disclosed at the time of collection or subsequently authorized.
If you have a related question or concern, please contact us at [email protected]
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Respondus, Inc. commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Respondus, Inc. at: [email protected]
Respondus, Inc. has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please visit the JAMS website for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.