Last Updated: January 9, 2023
We process your personal information on one or more of the following legal bases:
- As necessary to enter into a contract with you or a legal entity you represent, to perform our contractual obligations, to provide the Services, to respond to requests from you, or to provide customer support;
- As necessary to comply with relevant law and legal obligations, including to respond to lawful requests and orders; or
- With your consent.
Information We Retain
- We may need to keep certain information for an additional period of time for legal and legitimate business purposes. For example, we may retain personal information such as your contact information (e.g., name, email address, physical address), or record of purchases (for tax and accounting purposes). If applicable, Respondus may also retain records of communications with you, as well as relevant logs for dispute resolution purposes. We further may keep records for preventing fraud and ensuring security, for example in case of misuse of our services or violation of our terms.
- Where ‘consent’ is the basis for our lawful processing of your data, we will retain your data so long as both the purpose for which it was collected and your consent are still valid. We will review the status of your consent should the purpose for which the data was collected change and treat non-response to any requests for renewal of consent made by us as if they were your request to withdraw consent. Occasionally, we might identify a legitimate interest in retaining some of your personal data that has been obtained by consent. If we do, we will inform you that we intend to retain it under these conditions and identify the interest specifically.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to:
- Ask whether we hold personal information about you and request copies of such personal information and information about how it is processed;
- Request that inaccurate personal information is corrected;
- Request deletion of personal information that is no longer necessary for the purposes underlying the processing, processed based on withdrawn consent, or processed in non-compliance with applicable legal requirements;
- Request us to restrict the processing of personal information where the processing is inappropriate;
- Object to the processing of personal information; and
- Request portability of personal information that you have provided to us (which does not include information derived from the collected information), where the processing of such personal information is based on consent or a contract with you and is carried out by automated means.
If you wish to do any of the things listed above or have a data-protection related question, please contact us at [email protected].
When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time, and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
Please refer to our Cookie Notice.
Transfers outside of the EEA/UK
If you prefer, you can send correspondence to:
Attn: Privacy Team
8201 164th Ave NE, Suite 200
Redmond, WA 98052
If you are in the European Union or United Kingdom, you may address privacy-related inquiries to our EU / UK representative pursuant to Article 27 GDPR:
EU: EU-REP.Global GmbH, Attn: Respondus, Hopfenstr. 1d, 24114 Kiel, Germany
UK: DP Data Protection Services UK Ltd., Attn: Respondus, 16 Great Queen Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2B 5AH, United Kingdom
We will respond to requests, inquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days, but probably much sooner than that. If you submit a Data Subject Access Request, we will respond according to the applicable data protection law.
You may also lodge a complaint with the data supervisory authority competent for your country or region, if you feel unsatisfied with our treatment of your personal data.