Last Updated: January 9, 2023
California residents have specific rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (‘CCPA’) and the California Online Privacy Protection Act (‘CalOPPA’)
Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that we may collect, or may have collected from consumers in the preceding twelve months, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on how you engage with the Services.
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, phone numbers, or email address;
- “Personal Information” as described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code;
- commercial information, such as purchase activity;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information regarding your interaction with our website, application, or advertisement;
- audio, visual, electronic or other similar information, including when you communicate with us by phone or otherwise;
- professional or employment-related information, for example data you may provide about your business;
- inference data, such as information about your preferences;
- education information, such as information about enrollment status, fields of study, or degrees, honors, and awards received.
Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that we may have disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the preceding twelve months fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on how you engage with the Services.
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, or phone numbers, for example if we provide your information to a Test Bank publisher for verification purposes;
- personal information as described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as if we use a third party service provider to help us gather reports for analyzing the health of our Services;
- audio, visual, electronic or other similar information, for example if a third party service provider reviews customer support transcripts for quality assurance purposes;
We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information
You have the right to know whether your personal information is being sold. Your personal information is sold when it is shared with a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration for a purpose that is not a “business purpose” as set forth in the CCPA.
Respondus does not sell your personal information. In the preceding twelve months, we have not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the CCPA.
You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by us, or access to or deletion of your personal information. You may also contact us to make corrections to your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us at [email protected]. Depending on your choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Please note that when submitting a request, you may be asked to provide information to verify your identity before action is taken. You may designate an authorized agent to make the requests on your behalf. An authorized agent must submit proof to us that he or she has been authorized by you to act on your behalf, and you will still need to verify your identity directly with us before we can process the request.
Respondus does not sell your personal data, so we do not offer an opt-out to the sale of personal data.
We will not discriminate against any consumer (e.g., through denying goods or services or providing a different level or quality of goods or services) for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Do Not Track
The Respondus Services do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Attn: Privacy Team
8201 164th Ave NE, Suite 200
Redmond, WA 98052