A Message from the CEO of Respondus: Transparent Pricing
Transparent pricing has been a cornerstone of Respondus since we started the company 13 years ago. From the beginning, we wanted to convey to customers that we’ll deal with them in a fair and straightforward way.
In early 2013 we launched Respondus Monitor, a companion product for LockDown Browser that uses webcam and video technology to deter cheating during non-proctored exams. Tens of thousands of exam sessions have used Respondus Monitor, and we’ve spoken with over 100 customers about how they’d like the licensing model to work.
Today, I’m glad to announce that transparent pricing is now available for Respondus Monitor, offering simplicity and unparalleled value to our customers.
Here are some highlights:
- LockDown Browser customers receive 200 free seats of Respondus Monitor each year
- A 1,000-seat license for Respondus Monitor is $4950 annually
- Each 1000-seat increase is $1950 annually
- There is no limit to the number of exams in a course that use Respondus Monitor
- An alternative licensing plan lets students purchase seats themselves for $10 per course (again, with no limit to the number of exams).
Transparency is good. We felt naked without it.